The next High Peak Vegan Market will be 4 May 2019 from 1 – 4 pm in New Mills, Derbyshire, in St. George’s Parish Hall, SK22 4NP. We will have food from Randy’s Vegan Tex-Mex, Shakahara Gujarati Goodness, Pepino Deli, and The Pie Parlour and Bakery. We will also have products from Amanda Tropic Skincare, Planet Happy ecofriendly cleaning products, and Heart and Mind Programme: Yoga Meditation and Self-Compassion.
For more info, write email@example.com.
I’m putting together a poetry trail for the New Mills Festival. The festival begins 14 September and runs for three weeks. Poem will appear in shop windows throughout the town. We will have a round-robin poetry reading for participants on 26 September 2018 at The Butterfly House at the Torrs. The deadline for submissions is the end of May, but I’m accepting poems as I go, so it is best to get them in early! Guidelines below.
New Mills Festival Poetry Trail Submission Guidelines
1. Must be family-friendly. If you know me, you know I enjoy work that is provocative or even shocking, but the poetry trail is probably a good time to tone things down a little.
2. 20 lines maximum. People will be standing on the pavement reading the poems—shorter poems are bound to be more accessible.
3. Please include a location for yourself. You can choose whether to use your current location or the place you most identify as home.
4. I will try to place poems with subjects related to local businesses in those businesses (e.g., cycling poems in the cycle shop, flower poems in the florist).
5. Submit up to three poems in the order of your preference. I have about 65 spaces. If 65 people submit, I will use your first choice. If fewer people submit, I will use your first two choices. You get the idea.
6. You can send the poems in the text of an email or an attachment. Either is fine. Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. 30 May 2018 is the deadline.
Participants are invited to read their poems at a round-robin style performance at The Butterfly House at the Torrs on 26 September 2018.